- An official Festival photographer will be capturing images / video / audio which may be used on our website, on social media and in promotional material. Should parents or teachers not wish their participants included in any photographs or video recording, etc they should notify us in advance.
- Entry fees cannot be returned.
- Copies of all performance material MUST be provided for the adjudicator. Photocopies are acceptable, providing they are destroyed immediately after the performance.
- By entering the Festival, you agree to subscribe to our mailing list so that we can keep you informed on the progress of your entry and important information about the Festival. We will also send you occasional emails about the Festival and you can choose to unsubscribe from these when you receive them.
- The object of the Festival is to raise the standard of amateur music making by giving practitioners the opportunity to perform in public and under concert conditions. They benefit from professional feedback on their work and from the opportunity to hear their fellow performers. An amateur is someone who does not derive his/her living from the music profession.
- The Festival is open to residents of Norfolk and residents of nearby counties and to such others as may be admitted by the Festival Committee (please contact us for more information).
- No one may discuss any aspect of the Festival with an Adjudicator except at the invitation of the Adjudicator.
- Festival entries should be made via our website. All applications must be accompanied by the appropriate fee.
- The Festival reserves the right to refuse entry without assigning any reason.
- Entrants will perform only once in each class except for class PN33 (teacher and pupil) and in the woodwind classes, if performing on different instruments.
- Whilst every effort will be made to adhere to the advertised programme the Festival reserves the right to make modifications.
- Pieces will be heard in full if played within the stated time limit.
- Normally, participants will not be allowed to perform at any time other than that programmed for their class.
- The winner of the previous year’s Gwendoline Lee Memorial Prize is ineligible to enter this year.
- The qualifying age for entrants will be calculated as on 1st March
By booking a place at the Festival you are confirming that you agree to these terms and conditions.
IMPORTANT ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Please provide the NAMES and AGES of ALL students entering the Festival, as you would like them to appear on their certificates. We will email you a confirmation of your booking, but it is your responsibility to let us know if there are any errors. Please read ALL instructions when you enter the Festival classes – you may need to tell us additional information such as:
- Your instrument
- Whether you require specialist equipment
- If you are using your own accompanist
- Whether you need to specify a genre, repertoire or style of music